BORJOMI is a naturally carbonated mineral water of volcanic origin, which by natural standards is over 1,500 years old. It rises to the surface from the depth of 8-10 km, pushed up by natural carbon dioxide pressure. Unlike many other sodium bicarbonate mineral waters, BORJOMI does not cool down before it reaches the surface and comes out warm (38-41°С), getting enriched “on its way” with a composition of 60 various minerals found in rock layers of the Caucasus Mountains.
Discovered nearly 200 years ago in Borjomi, Georgia, Borjomi water travels through layers of volcanic rock that helps create its distinctly crisp and refreshing taste.
Borjomi Water's natural alkaline and rich mineral composition revitalizes and helps promote better digestion and metabolism.
- Today, BORJOMI is produced from the same source as in 1890, traveling more than 2,000 km
- The signature bluish-green color of the BORJOMI bottle is patented and has its own name: Georgian Green.
- On return from his mission into outer space, the first thing Yuri Gagarin asked for was a bottle of BORJOMI.
- BORJOMI is more than 1500 years old by natural standards, but its mineral composition remains the same.
- In 1980, BORJOMI water became the most widely recognized brand in the Soviet Union, Up to 1 million bottles were sold daily, and the annual production output reached record-breaking 400 million bottles.
Chemical composition mg/L: calcium - 60, magnesium - 45, sodium - 1500, hydrocarbonates - 4000, chlorides - 350
Product of Georgia